Crispy and cheesy Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Bagel Bites are the best appetizer and are ready to eat in just 10 minutes. I’ll show you how to make air fryer bagel bites with this super simple and scrumptious recipe.
We eat a lot of pizza and if you do too, then you are going to LOVE Bagel Bites in the air fryer. If you like frozen foods in the air fryer then you must try Air Fryer Dinner Rolls, so warm and buttery. Air Fryer Frozen French Fries cook up super crisp thanks to the air fryer. Or try Frozen Battered Shrimp in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
If you love crispy crust, gooey hot cheese, and delicious toppings, then you have to try air fryer bagel frozen bites!
The bagel gets perfectly browned and toasty in the air fryer. It gets this amazing crisp bite to it while it cooks. The toppings get all warm and the cheese turns into melty goodness.
My kids are huge fans of bagel bites in the air fryer. They eat almost as many of those as they do air fryer Uncrustables. They just can’t get enough of these little pizzas, they are so fun to eat.
Frozen pizza bagel bites don’t need to be thawed out or anything. Just pop them right into the air fryer and they are cooked and crispy in just minutes. Let them cool down for a few minutes because they will be hot and then they are ready to eat.
Frozen Pizza Bagel Bites in Air Fryer
While we eat and make these all the time, my favorite time to make these tasty bite sized pizzas is actually during the summer.
When my kids are out of school, these mini bagel pizza bites come to the rescue. They make the perfect lunch, but they also they make quick and easy snacks (which I seem to making all day long).
But mostly, when you make these bites in an air fryer in the summer, it doesn’t heat up your entire kitchen like the oven does.
What are Bagel Bites?
Ore-Ida Bagel Bites Pizza Snacks are bite sized bagels that are topped with pizza like ingredients like pizza sauce, cheese, and meaty pieces like mini pepperonis or sausage. Typically, you get them at the store in the freezer section.
They come in multiple flavors like 3 cheese, cheese and pepperoni, sausage and pepperoni, or mozzarella cheese.
If you would like to try making your very own bagel bites from scratch, try these homemade bagel bites! You can use miniature bagels or full size bagels (but only one will be able to fit in the air fryer at a time if you have the basket type). You can even make your own homemade bagels to make them even more authentic.
Can You Air Fry Bagel Bites?
Yes, you can cook these pizza bagel bites in the air fryer. I think they come out even better air fried than when you cook them in the oven or the microwave. They seem to turn out crispier and tastier and of course, they cook faster.
Why Make Air Fryer Bagel Bites
I love making these bagel pizza bites year round because they work so well in so many different occasions. Here are some reasons why you will want to make them too.
- Crowd Pleaser. Having people over for Super Bowl or a football party? Make some as an appetizer.
- Best Snack. Kids starving after school or on weekends? Make them as a quick snack that is warm and yummy.
- Dinner Idea. No time to make dinner? Pop in some Bagel Bites in the air fryer for a delicious pizza dinner.
- Quick Eats. Company shows up unannounced? Cook up some of these delicious little pizzas for them.
- Ease of Cooking. Delicious and Easy.
What to Serve With Pizza Bagel Bites
When I make these miniature pizzas for my family for either lunch or dinner I like to add some healthy side dishes to help make it a more rounded meal. A small salad is a must (we eat a lot of salad!). It’s also great with a wide variety of vegetables like brown sugar carrots, roasted parmesan asparagus, air fryer squash, or some roasted sweet potatoes. Or just add some fresh cut up fruit!
Make these Bagel Bites even tastier by serving them alongside some saucy sauces! My absolute favorite dipping companion for these little pizzas is ranch, yum so good (I also love it with this!) You can also serve these with chipotle mayo, homemade chick-fil-a sauce, the easiest aioli, or marinara (who doesn’t love extra pizza sauce?). If you are a little more daring you can try these with bbq sauce, hot sauce, or buffalo sauce.
Bagel Bites Air Fryer Ingredients
- Bagel Bites: Choose your favorite flavor of pizza bites. I can fit about 9 in my basket type air fryer.
- Dipping Sauce: Sauce is optional, but so good! I have provided some sauce ideas above.
How to Cook Frozen Bagel Bites in Air Fryer
It is so easy to make air fryer Bagel Bites. Here are the basic instructions, but there are more thorough instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Unwrap the bites, discard the crisper tray.
- Carefully place pizza bagels into the air fryer, making sure to keep some space between them.
- Cook bagel bites.
- Let cool a little before eating. Serve with sauce if you like.
Air Fryer Bagel Bites Cooking Tips and Variations
- Space them out. Make sure to leave room between the Bagel Bites. They will not cook correctly if they are piled on top of each other.
- Open the air fryer at any time. If you are unsure about the cook time on the Bagel Bites, just remember that you can open the air fryer and check on them at any time to make sure they aren’t burning.
- Making more Bagel Bites. Reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes if you are loading in a second round of bagel bites since the air fryer will already be preheated.
- Don’t thaw Bagel Bites. Make sure to keep these Bagel Bites pizza snacks frozen until you are ready to cook them.
- Don’t overcook. If you cook these miniature pizzas for too long the cheese and meat will burn.
Other Frozen Bagel Bites Cooking Options
If you don’t have an air fryer, it’s not a problem! Here are the cooking instructions for the oven and the microwave.
Bagel Bites in Oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the bites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to space them out. Put baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 14 minutes. Let cool a little before serving.
Bagel Bites in Microwave. To cook bagel bites in the microwave just remove any plastic wrap and pull out the crisping tray. Place frozen bagel bites on the tray and place into the microwave. Cook for 2 minutes and 20 seconds on high power. Make sure to let bagel bites sit for a minute or so to cool before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do you cook bagel bites in an air fryer? All air fryers will cook a little differently that is why it is important to pay close attention to these while they are cooking (at least the first time) to make sure they are not burning. It will take about 5-7 minutes to cook them.
Where to buy Bagel Bites? We get our Bagel Bites from the grocery store, they are normally sold in the freezer section.
Best Bagel Bites brand? The brand of Bagel Bites we get are the Ore-Ida ones. I am not sure if there are other companies that make bagel pizza bites.
How many calories in Bagel Bites? A serving size is 4 Bagel Bites and that is 190 calories.
- How to refrigerate cooked Bagel Bites. Let the bagel bites cool and put in an airtight container. They should last about 2-4 days in the fridge.
- How to freeze Bagel Bites. I do not recommend re-freezing bagel bites once they have already been cooked.
- How to reheat Bagel Bites. Reheat cold bagel bites in the air fryer at 350°F for just 3 or 4 minutes. They might not be as crisp as they were.
Try these other air fryer favorites!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer
- 9 bagel bites frozen
- dipping sauce: ranch, chipotle mayo, bbq sauce, homemade chick-fil-a sauce, buffalo sauce, optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Remove frozen bagel bites from packaging (you do not need the crisping tray that comes with bagel bites).
- Place frozen bagel bites into the air fryer, making sure to space them out.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and they are slightly brown.
- Let them cool for a minute or so before serving. Serve with dipping sauce if desired.
- If you are unsure about the cook time on the Bagel Bites, just remember that you can open the air fryer and check on them at any time to make sure they aren’t burning.
- Reduce the cooking time by 1-2 minutes if you are loading in a second round of bagel bites since the air fryer will already be preheated.
- Make sure to keep these Bagel Bites pizza snacks frozen until you are ready to cook them.
- If you cook these miniature pizzas for too long the cheese and meat will burn.
- If you don’t preheat the oven you will need to add 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out!