Air Fryer Uncrustables come out toasty on the outside and gooey on the inside. These air fried Uncrustables are the most delicious and easy sandwiches for a quick lunch that will put a smile on your kids faces.
Easy air fryer recipes like Smucker’s Uncrustables in air fryer are our jam, ha! If you love simple air fryer recipes, try these Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds, there are 5 different flavors to choose from. Air Fryer Turkey Bacon is great to serve at breakfast it comes out crisp and delicious. Or make Air Fryer Squash and Zucchini, a delicious healthy way to cook squash.
Uncrustables in the Air Fryer
You guys, my kids eat so many gooey peanut butter and jelly Uncrustables, I am shocked that I don’t own stock in them. My daughter hates the crust on sandwiches. She will gripe and moan until I cut the crust off.
That’s where Smucker’s Uncrustables come in, they are crustless so I don’t even have to worry about cutting the crusts off myself.
I’m sure if you have kids you know what I am talking about.
My oldest is almost a teen and it is apparent that he is hitting a growth spurt since he can now eat like six of these sandwiches on his own. SIX! He can also almost eat a whole pizza, too. WHOA! I remember the days when I was having to force him to eat and now here we are.
The nice thing is that we always have a box of uncrustables in the freezer, so he can pull them out and make them himself. This is one easy air fryer recipe!
Air Fryer PB&J Uncrustable Sandwiches
Making these frozen air fryer peanut butter and jelly sandwiches means that you don’t have to wait the 30-60 minutes it normally takes to thaw them out.
These also make a great breakfast to go for those busy mornings. Sometimes we are running late for school and the kids just eat these in the car on the way. That’s how easy they are. They are also a great alternative to grilled cheese sandwiches.
When you cook Uncrustables in the air fryer the insides get all warm and gooey. The peanut butter gets all melty and they are like heaven. But the outside gets toasty and golden brown and crisp. Ok so maybe my kids aren’t the only ones eating these.
If you have picky eaters, you definitely want to try these air fryer Uncrustables!
What are Uncrustables?
Uncrustables are delicious sandwiches typically found in the freezer section at the grocery store. Smuckers Uncrustables sandwiches are made with two pieces of bread and some sort of filling. The crust is removed and the two pieces of bread are crimped together. That is then frozen and packaged up for you to buy.
Why Make Uncrustables in the Air Fryer?
- They make one of the easiest recipes and quickest snack, great lunch, or dinner for busy weeknights (and sometimes even dessert).
- These sandwich rounds are delicious!
- Basic ingredients.
- Air fried Uncrustables make my kids happy, they are lovers of these peanut butter sandwiches.
- My kids can make this simple recipe themselves and makes the perfect snack.
Flavors of Uncrustables
There are even a variety of flavors that Uncrustables come in! These make a really quick lunch or snack. Some are sweet enough to eat for dessert. Smucker’s even makes some savory ones that make a delicious dinner idea. I can’t wait to see what they come out with next. Here are the common Uncrustables.
- Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly on White Bread
- Peanut Butter and Grape Spread on Wheat Bread Reduced Sugar
- Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam on White Bread
- Peanut Butter and Strawberry Spread on Wheat Bread Reduced Sugar
- Peanut Butter and Honey Spread on Wheat Bread
- Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread Sandwich on White Bread (Nutella Uncrustables)
- Taco Bites
- Air fry BBQ Chicken Bite Uncrustables
- Uncured Pepperoni Bites
- Grilled Cheese Uncrustables
If you have a sandwich sealer you can definitely make your own homemade uncrustables. Making them at home allows you to control the quality as well as the quantity of ingredients you put inside. You can add whatever flavor jelly you like or use different nut butters like sunflower seed butter or almond butter. You also get to choose your favorite type of bread.
What to Serve With Uncrustables
- A small side salad. Try this simple salad.
- Cut up fruit. Try this fresh fruit salad or just cut up whatever fruit you have. These Uncrustables pair well with bananas, strawberries, oranges, or grapes. If you struggle with getting your child to eat fruit maybe they would eat cute fruit animals.
- Yogurt. Add a small scoop of yogurt on the side.
- Make it sweet. A sprinkling of powdered sugar, cinnamon and sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
- Fresh veggies. Serve up some cut up veggies like carrots, grape tomatoes, celery sticks, or sliced cucumbers. My kids always liked it when I made a smiley face out of the vegetables.
Air Fryer Uncrustables Recipe Ingredients
- Uncrustables: I can fit four Uncrustables in my air fryer.
- Butter: If you want to you can spread a little melted butter on the outside of your Uncrustables. Need a tablespoon butter for 2 sandwiches or two tablespoons for 4 sandwiches.
How to Make Uncrustables in Air Fryer
- Remove Uncrustables from plastic packaging.
- Place Uncrustables sandwiches into the trusty air fryer basket or racks.
- With a pastry brush, brush on a little melted butter to the side of the uncrustables (optional).
- Cook these little sandwiches until they get a crisp exterior.
- Let cool a little before serving.
Air Fryer Uncrustables Tips and Variations
- Cook in batches. Make multiple batches to make a bunch of sandwiches.
- Make it sweet. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar on the chocolate flavored hazelnut spread filled Uncrustables, this makes a delicious dessert.
- Keep in a single layer. Make sure not to pile the Uncrustables on top of each other in the air fryer or they won’t cook properly. Leave some room between each sandwich, my air fryer comfortably cooks 4 at a time.
- May need more or less time. Since all air fryers cook differently you may need a couple more or less minutes of cook time.
- Check on your food. Feel free to open the air fryer at any time to check on your sandwich to make sure it is not burning and you just have lightly toasty bread.
- Make in any air fryer. I have been able to make these frozen sandwiches in multiple air fryers, including my favorite Cosori XL 5.8 quart. They also work in the toaster oven style air fryers like the Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro, Ninja Foodi 8 in 1 or the Cosori Smart 12 in 1 Air Fryer Toaster Dehydrator.
- No aerosol cooking spray. I do not recommend using a cooking spray from the aerosol cans in your air fryer as it can cause the non stick coating to deteriorate very rapidly.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to preheat my air fryer to make peanut butter and jelly Uncrustables? While I do typically preheat my air fryer for most recipes, I do not need to preheat it to make Uncrustables.
- Do I need to thaw Uncrustables before cooking in the air fryer? Nope, Uncrustables do not need to be thawed out before air frying them. Just pull them out of the freezer, take them out of the plastic packaging, and pop them right into the air fryer.
- What temperature to air fry Uncrustables at? They need to be cooked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Can you put frozen Uncrustables in air fryer? Yes, you can air fry Uncrustables. Just put frozen Uncrustables in air fryer and cook.
- How long do you cook an Uncrustable in the air fryer? The total time of cooking will depend on which air fryer you have, but it should be around 6-8 minutes. I have a Cosori 5.8 quart basket style air fryer.
- How to Refrigerate Leftover Uncrustables: Let the sandwiches cool and put in an airtight container. They should last about 24 hours in the fridge.
Try these other recipe favorites!
- Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp
- Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
- Chicken Breast without Breading in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- Uncrustables Donuts
- French Toast Uncrustables Bake
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Did you make this recipe?
Air Fryer Uncrustables
- Air Fryer
- 4 frozen uncrustables sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons melted butter unsalted
- Remove Uncrustables from plastic packaging.
- Place frozen Uncrustables sandwiches into the air fryer.
- With a pastry brush, brush on a little melted butter to the tops of your sandwiches (optional).
- Cook at 350°F for 6-8 minutes for the sweet Uncrustables and 8-10 minutes for the savory Uncrustables.
- Let cool a little before serving.
- Make sure not to pile the Uncrustables on top of each other in the air fryer or they won’t cook properly. Leave some room between each sandwich, my air fryer comfortably cooks 4 at a time.
- Since all air fryers cook differently you may need a couple more or less minutes of cook time.
- Feel free to open the air fryer at any time to check on your sandwich to make sure it is not burning.
Please let me know how it turned out!