Creamy Strawberry Hot Chocolate is luscious white chocolate mixed with strawberry Nesquik to make a velvety, dreamy drink. Top this instant pink hot cocoa with whipped cream or marshmallows that will keep you cozy and warm. Store this strawberry cocoa mix to use any time the craving strikes.
This strawberry white hot chocolate is great for sipping on after playing in the snow or really any time of year. You can also try our Spiked Hot Apple Cider, topped with a heaping dollop of whipped cream. Or for warmer days, drink this or some Blackberry Iced Tea, made with a homemade blackberry simple syrup.
Pink Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate is good, but strawberry hot chocolate is EVEN better!
This pink hot cocoa recipe takes your love of hot chocolate and combines it with a punch of strawberry flavor.
A combination of rich white chocolate and powdered strawberry Nesquik come together to make a drink that you will want all winter long.
Also, it’s incredibly cute, I mean who could resist this exquisite pink hued beverage?
Only three ingredients are needed for the dry chocolate mix. A lush white chocolate bar is broken down in the food processor and then mixed with strawberry powder. Simply add it to a big mug with either milk or water. And voila! You have a delicious drink to keep you nice and toasty on those cold days.
This powdered strawberry mix can be stored in jars and made any time a strawberry cocoa craving strikes. And it’s ready in mere minutes.
Valentine’s Hot Chocolate
Homemade hot cocoa is the best cocoa!
Surprise your loved one with this sweet drink for Valentines day. I know that when I make this for my kids, they LOVE it. I like to make it Valentines Day morning and top it with a big scoop of homemade whipped cream.
You can even make this into cute gifts that would be so pretty for the holidays or Valentines day. This recipe makes two gifts.
Just split the dry mixture into two 16 ounce glass canning jars. Top with 1 cup of mini marshmallows. Screw on the canning lid. Print out a tag with the instructions of how to make the cocoa and add a bow if you like.
Strawberry Hot Chocolate Ingredients
- White Chocolate: Use a good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces.
- Milk Powder: Instant non fat dry milk is what you will need.
- Strawberry Drink Mix: I love strawberry Nesquik.
- Toppings: Marshmallows get added on top of the prepared cocoa or add 2 cups (1 cup each) into each jar of dry cocoa mix. You can also top hot cocoa with whipped cream or sprinkles.
How to Make Strawberry Hot Chocolate
- Put white chocolate pieces in the food processor.
- Run the food processor until the chocolate is smaller pieces (more pea sized).
- Add in the milk powder and strawberry Nesquik.
- Process until there are no big pieces of chocolate left and the mixture is all powder.
- Mix some into a mug of hot water or milk. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Use milk or water. Water or milk can be used, but milk will yield a creamier hot cocoa.
- Dairy free. Make it dairy free by adding coconut milk powder instead of using instant non fat milk powder. You can also use almond, cashew, or coconut milk.
- Half and Half. To make extra creamy, you can add some half and half.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is strawberry hot chocolate? This version of strawberry cocoa is made with strawberry drink mix and white chocolate, so it is like a white hot chocolate with strawberry flavor. It’s a great drink for wintry days!
Is strawberry cocoa creamy? Yes, this strawberry cocoa is creamy especially if you make it with milk and a little half and half.
Does strawberry hot chocolate taste like strawberry? This hot cocoa tastes like a slightly weaker version of strawberry milk.
What is strawberry powdered drink mix (strawberry Nestle Nesquik)? Nestle strawberry Nesquik is a pink powdered drink mix that is strawberry flavored. Normally it is mixed with just milk to make strawberry milk. They also have chocolate powdered drink mix.
Strawberry Hot Cocoa Storage Instructions
How to store cocoa at room temperature? Keep this in an airtight jar or container with a lid. It should last 2-3 months.
How to store prepared cocoa in the refrigerator? Prepared cocoa will last in an airtight glass for 1-2 days in the fridge.
Try these other drink recipes!
- Pineapple Banana Green Smoothie
- Blackberry Iced Tea
- Baby Yoda Cocktail
- Spiked Apple Cider
- Homemade Hot Cocoa
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Strawberry Hot Chocolate
- Food Processor
- 8 ounces white chocolate broken into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry Nesquik
- 1/2 cup instant non fat dry milk powder
- 6 ounces hot milk or water
- mini marshmallows or whipped cream
- Put white chocolate pieces in the food processor.
- Run the food processor until the chocolate is in smaller pieces (more pea sized).
- Add in the milk powder and strawberry Nesquik. Process until there are no big pieces of chocolate left and the mixture is all powder.
- In a mug, mix 3 tablespoons of dry mixture into 6 ounces of hot water or milk. Top with marshmallows or whipped cream (or both). Enjoy!
- Water or milk can be used, but milk will yield a creamier hot cocoa.
- Make it dairy free by adding coconut milk powder instead of using instant non fat milk powder. You can also use almond, cashew, or coconut milk.
- To make extra creamy, you can add some half and half.
- Store leftover cocoa mix in an air tight container. It will last about 2-3 months but may be based on the ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out!