Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Bites are delicious, fresh strawberries stuffed to the brim with a creamy cheesecake filling! To make them even more adorable they get sprinkled with mini chocolate chips and a little chunk of graham cracker. Such an easy dessert and worth sharing! Check out the 4th of July version below.
We love making recipes with fresh fruit just like these cheesecake bites, they’re the perfect treat for summer. If you have leftover strawberries from this recipe try out Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins, topped with a delicious streusel. This Triple Berry Crisp, made with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries is a summer favorite.
Summer is in full swing down here in the south and man it is hot (and humid), but I will take it all because these are the best months of the year (in my opinion).
Strawberries are the definition of summer! Those red berries hold a special place in my heart because I know when they start showing up that means summer is almost here. And we try to add them to as many recipes as we can!
Making a whole strawberry cheesecake just makes sense to use up all of those summer berries in a delicious dessert (and who doesn’t love cheesecake?), but do you really want to turn on your oven in this heat? Plus, cheesecake can be fussy and time consuming.
Little strawberry cheesecake bites to the rescue!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
These mini strawberry cheesecakes hit all of the flavor notes of a real cheesecake, but are so much easier to make, plus a lot healthier.
A gorgeous ripe strawberry holds in all of that luscious cream cheese mixture and then we top it off with a gently sprinkle of the tiniest chocolate chips.
We take these bite-sized treats a step further by adding a tiny chunk of graham cracker to get that authentic cheesecake flavor with a graham cracker crust! No bake strawberry cheesecake bites are now a family favorite recipe.
If there is one thing I love, it is an easy dessert recipe. And these mini cheesecakes are about as easy as it gets, well unless you make these no bake butterscotch cornflake cookies or these 3-ingredient coconut macaroons.
This mini strawberry cheesecake bites recipe works double time in that they may be used in a variety of ways. Eat them for breakfast with some coffee, as an afternoon snack, or of course as a dessert. These would be perfect for brunch with the girls or an appetizer for a get together or summer bbq!
Why this Recipe Works
- It’s versatile and works as an appetizer or dessert.
- Easy recipe, easy enough to make with kids.
- Easily doubles to take to a picnic or potluck to feed a crowd.
- Decorate with different colored sprinkles to make for different holidays.
Hooray, it’s Freaky Friday (my favorite Friday)! If you are wondering what I am talking about, Freaky Friday is a blog hop that happens every quarter that was created by Michaela from An Affair From the Heart. You HAVE to go check out her blog, she has got some of the best recipes and is a just a great person!
If you aren’t familiar with this event, I’ll explain it. A bunch of bloggers get assigned someone else’s blog within the group. But, shhhh, it’s a secret and you can’t tell anyone who you got. You then get to pick one recipe that goes along with the particular season and recreate it for your own blog. Then on the day of the reveal, you get to share with your readers and everyone in the group, which blog you got (and who got you!). So fun, right?!
For this summer quarter, I was super excited that I randomly got assigned to Rebecca from Devour Dinner!! Rebecca really makes you feel welcome the moment you open up her blog. She greets you with a great big smile and you can just feel the positive energy oozing from the pages. I can tell you I instantly felt at home and couldn’t wait to dive into some of her mouthwatering recipes!
Rebecca just started her blogging journey in 2017. She is a mom just like me and is even a pet mom, too, to a pup named Finn (in love with this name!!). Rebecca spends most of her days toting her boys from one activity to the next. Plus, she loves traveling and Disney! Did we just become best friends??
When I was checking out all of the amazing recipes on her blog, there were so many on there that it was really difficult for me to narrow it down to just one. She has a ton of instant pot recipes and I definitely almost made her Easy Taco Soup, yes we eat soup even in the summer.
Or her instant pot Mac and Cheese, my kids love pasta over all other foods! Of course, she also has some drool worthy desserts, too, like her homemade Peanut Butter Oreos or these Snickerdoodle Bars, a classic cookie turned into bar form! I settled on these creamy strawberry cheesecake bites because I am a huge strawberry lover and these are so much easier than making a whole cheesecake!
I definitely recommend trying these strawberry cream cheese bites and munch on them while checking out Rebecca’s fabulous blog, Devour Dinner!
Strawberry Bites Ingredients
The recipe card at the bottom of this post will tell you the exact amounts you need to make these bites.
- Strawberries: If you use large fresh strawberries, you will need about 20-25 but it will depend on the size of your berries and how much strawberry gets scooped out on how far your cream cheese filling will go. My strawberries were like medium sized and and I didn’t scoop out a lot of the berry out and I got about 37 strawberries.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure to pull out cream cheese 2 hours before starting this recipe as it needs to be at room temperature.
- Sour Cream: I use full fat sour cream, but if you try it with non-fat and it is delicious, let me know in the comments below.
- Vanilla Extract: You want to use real vanilla extract not imitation vanilla flavoring.
- Powdered Sugar: If it’s too lumpy, you can sift it.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: Gets the cream cheese mixture nice and fluffy.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Semi-sweet chocolate chips are perfect, if you can find dark chocolate or even white chocolate those would be equally as yummy.
- Graham Crackers: You will probably only need 1 or 2 sheets of graham cracker, but I also snacked on some as I was making this recipe.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
It’s easy to make these little cheesecakes and you will be munching on them in no time. Here are the basic instructions for how to make them. For full directions check out the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Prep strawberries. Wash and slice the stems from 20-25 large strawberries. Using a pairing knife or a small spoon, clean out the hull of the strawberry. Slice a tiny bit of strawberry off the bottom so that you have a stable base.
- Set aside berries. Set the strawberries on a paper towel for them to drain out any extra juices. Set aside.
- Mix filling. In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Fill plastic bag. Spoon cream cheese mixture into a large zip bag and cut small hole on the corner or into a piping bag. You can use a cute piping tip to make the strawberry filling a little fancier.
- Fill berries. Pipe cream cheese mixture into the hole of each strawberry and set them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Garnish with topping. Garnish each strawberry with mini chocolate chips and small pieces of graham cracker or even a little glob of cool whip.
How Many Cheesecake Bites Does This Make?
You should be able to fill about 20-25 large strawberries, but this will depend on the size of your strawberries and how much of the strawberry you scoop out. This recipe is made with medium strawberries and it made about 35-37.
How to Make These Into 4th of July Strawberries
When I saw that these strawberries were such a bright red and had that white creamy filling inside, I thought how cute would they be to make into treats for Independence Day. So I got some cute blue stars and sprinkled them on top of the cream filling and left off the mini chocolate chips.
Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake Bites Tips
- Propping up strawberries. Cut a little bit off the bottom of the strawberry to get it to stand up. You can use a mini muffin tin to help stabilize the strawberries if you are having problems getting them to stand on their own.
- Cut strawberries from top to bottom.You can also cut the strawberries in half from pole to pole, scoop out the hull of strawberry and fill with filling.
- Check out strawberries. Look over all of the strawberries to make sure that they are free of blemishes or mold before using.
- Bigger strawberries. Giant strawberries can be used, but will make a few less strawberries.
- Drizzle with chocolate. Take these a step further and add a drizzle of melted chocolate, like white chocolate or milk chocolate across them.
- Graham cracker crumbs. Sprinkle the strawberries with graham cracker crumbs rather than using a piece of graham cracker.
- Cute for holidays. Make these for the 4th of July by adding some blue sprinkles or make them for Valentines day with red sprinkles for the perfect dessert. Or whatever colors your heart desires!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is strawberry season? Strawberries love warm days and cool nights, that is why they grow really well in California. Strawberry season runs from about April until July, but they are at their peak in June.
Can these cheesecake bites be prepared in advance? I don’t recommend making these bites too far in advance because the strawberries can get mushy. Maybe 4-6 hours at the most. The filling can be made in advance and then assembled closer to when they are going to be served. Keep them chilled before serving.
How to Store Mini Cheesecake Bites
Any leftover prepared strawberries need to be refrigerated. They will be good in the fridge for about a day, they will get mushy if you keep them for longer. Cover the tray with aluminum foil or plastic wrap.
Try these other Freaky Friday recipes!
See all of our 2022 Freaky Friday Summer Edition RecipesHosted by – An Affair from the Heart
- An Affair from the Heart – Moose Munch Popcorn
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Breakfast Egg Bites
- The Culinary Compass – Pull Apart Garlic Bread
- Devour Dinner – BBQ Nachos
- Family Around the Table – Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Salad
- Feast + West – Peach Whiskey Smash
- Hostess at Heart – Peanut Butter Cookie
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipe
- Life Currents – Jalapeño Poppers Puffs
- Off the Eaten Path – Cheerwine Bourbon Slush Cocktails
- The Speckled Palate – Lemon Cooler Cookies
- Sue Bee Homemaker – Fruit Dip Without Marshmallow Cream
- The Wimpy Vegetarian – How to Make Enchilada Sauce
If you’ve tried this strawberry cheesecake bites recipe, don’t forget to give me a star rating and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who have made my recipes!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 25 large strawberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 sheet graham cracker
- Wash and slice the stems from 25 large strawberries or 35 medium strawberries. Pull the top off of the strawberry. Using a pairing knife or a small spoon, clean out the hull of the strawberry. Slice a tiny bit of strawberry off the bottom so that you have a stable base.
- Set the strawberries on a paper towel for them to drain out any extra juices. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into a large zip bag and cut small hole on the corner or into a piping bag. You can use a cute piping tip to make the strawberry filling a little fancier.
- Pipe cream cheese mixture into the hole of each strawberry and set them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper, serving dish or plate.
- Garnish each strawberry with mini chocolate chips and small pieces of graham cracker or even a little glob of cool whip.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out!