4 Ingredient Chocolate Oat Banana Bread
This vegan 4 Ingredient Banana Bread is loaded with ripe bananas, gooey peanut butter and melty chocolate chips. Oatmeal is used instead of regular flour to keep this banana bread gluten free! Using very ripe bananas makes this bread super moist and adds natural sweetness.
- 4-5 medium bananas
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips plus more for top garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non stick cooking spray and line that with a bread sling.
Add the oats to a food processor. Mix until well ground.
In a small bowl mash the bananas with a fork. Add the mashed banana into the food processor with the ground oats and mix just until combined. Add in the peanut butter and mix just until combined.
Hand mix the chocolate chips in with a spoon.
Pour bread into the prepared loaf pan. Garnish the top with more chocolate chips if desired.
Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the loaf completely cool in the loaf pan. Enjoy!
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.
- Ripe bananas. Use ripe bananas (I don't like using black bananas) to add to the sweetness and softness to the banana bread.
- Don't over mix batter. If the batter gets overly mixed it won't cook properly.
- Don't overcook. Make sure not to overcook this banana bread. You don't want it dried out.
- Use frozen bananas. If you are using bananas from the freezer, just be sure to pull the bananas out of the freezer the night before so that they can thaw. Have them come up to room temperature before using.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 145mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg