Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
These Healthy Mashed Sweet Potatoes are super creamy and they have a special SECRET ingredient! This vegan mashed sweet potato recipe is the perfect addition to your fall dinner or holiday meal.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time1 hour hr 5 minutes mins
Total Time1 hour hr 15 minutes mins
Course: Side Dish
- 3 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes about 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 bananas medium
- 1/2 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup apple juice optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put bananas on baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
Put bananas in oven on middle rack. Cook bananas for 6 minutes and then flip them over. Cook the other side for another 6 minutes.
Remove bananas from oven and set aside to let them cool.
Add mashed sweet potatoes to the bowl of a stand mixer. Peel bananas and add them in. Blend until smooth. If you have any banana lumps you can smash them with the back of a spoon.
To the sweet potato and banana mixture, add the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, allspice, apple juice (optional), and cinnamon (optional). Beat until fluffy.
Pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 square dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown on top.
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results
- Don't over mix the sweet potatoes or they may get gummy.
- Use bananas that are ripe, but not overly ripe.
- Let the mashed sweet potatoes cool down completely before storing in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 4 days.
Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 29mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7095IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg